[tlhIngan Hol] [Tlhingan-hol] Liquid Nitrogen

Ed Bailey bellerophon.modeler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 13:19:35 PDT 2016

Among the various senses of -Ha' is "undo," and since I don't know how
you'd misboil something, I expect pubHa' means the reverse process of pub.
To reverse the process of boiling would be to liquefy a gas by cooling,
with or without compression. Klingon distillers might be called
pubHa'wI'pu'.

mIp'av

On Friday, August 5, 2016, Steven Boozer <sboozer at uchicago.edu> wrote:
> Hmm… “unboiled/de-boiled/mis-boiled nitrogen”.  Another option is
*{voQSIp jeD} “thick/dense/viscous nitrogen” in parallel to {bIQSIp 'ugh}
“deuterium” (lit. "heavy hydrogen").

> Other qualities to consider in this discussion include {yIQ} “be wet”,
{Sub} “be solid, {taD} “be frozen”, {bIr} “be cold”, {tuj} “be hot” and
{ghun} “be warm”.

> --
>
> Voragh
>
> tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'
>
> Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

hydrogen made from different subatomic particles, not hydrogen that has
been somehow converted.

> An alternative way of saying liquid nitrogen, liquefied that is, like for
industrial use, might be {pubHa'bogh voQSIp}.