[tlhIngan Hol] Am I right here?

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Sun Aug 28 10:59:53 PDT 2016

It seems to be a fairly straightforward misunderstanding:

TKD includes the phrase {jIHtaHbogh naDev vISovbogh.} for a "I'm lost.", and presumably the translator interpreted this (quite appropriately) as something like "I don't know the here I am."

{qar'a'?} is commonly translated as "Right?", so it makes sense that somebody might mistakenly use it in a question involving the word "right".

Personally, I'd simply translate the sentence {jIlugh'a'?}, or possibly {qar'a'?} or {jIlugh qar'a'?} if the speaker is asking for confirmation.