[tlhIngan Hol] Saruman and Lurtz

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 23:54:06 PDT 2016

SuStel:
> No, it needs to be completed by the action to which the verb the suffix is attached to
> refers. If that very verb doesn't describe the completion of the action, then the completion
> suffix isn't appropriate.

I didn't understand a word of this..

jIH:
> the event, which is described by the aspect suffix {-pu'} must :
> 1. be completed
> 2. have stopped being in effect
SuStel:
> No

I studied the elf-orc examples, and I can't understand why the two
conditions I described aren't correct/applicable.

I don't know.. this is rather confusing. And I wonder ; even you and
lieven couldn't agree on this whole "aspect matter".. And you're both
grammarians/experts !

So, what hope is there for a simple guy to figure this out ?

Normally, I would throw the towel and follow in the footsteps of our
good captain. However, because I'm a capricorn I can't quit !

So, this is how this will go down.. I will study on the internet about
aspect in general, and after I finish I will write my conclusions.
Then, we'll take it from there..

toQDujlIj ghomqa'DI' buq'IrwIj, Ser wIchav. 'e' vItul..

qunnoq