[tlhIngan Hol] As soon as I had tickled the dog

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Aug 22 06:16:40 PDT 2016

Am 22.08.2016 um 15:04 schrieb SuStel:
> Your use of aspect has been turning into tense lately. Be careful!

Yes, indeed. Basic rule to remember: if in doubt, do not use it :-)

> ago. *ben law' */dog/ *vIghaj* /many years ago I had a dog. /On the
> other hand, the aspect suffix on *vIpongta'* is appropriate.

Although it could also be omitted: Using the -ta' suffix, it means that
you have given the name to the dog, is was the action of labeling the
name that is completed. Without the suffix, it means that you were
naming your dog like this constantly.

As a different topic (maybe someone else said before) I would suggest
you use {targh} to talk about your dog, even though it's not a targ. It
makes you think more in Klingon when writing (and it's easier to read
for others as well - a "g" without "h" just looks unusual)

It's as if I were talking about my σκύλος all the time :-)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh