[tlhIngan Hol] Why don't they bathe ?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Aug 18 13:31:24 PDT 2016

On 8/18/2016 3:58 PM, Alan Anderson wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 3:34 PM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:
>> HaH'eghQo'chugh vaj chay' lurSa' be'etor je vISawlaH ?
> not HaH'egh tlhInganpu' ja' 'Iv?
> 'ej <HaH'egh> DaQoyDI', nuq DaQub?
> vay' DaSawmeH, bIQDaq QotnIS'a' ghaH?
>
> jISay''eghmoHmeH jIHaH'eghbe' jIH.
> jIHaH'eghbej, 'ach vIDIghtaHvIS bIQ tujDaq jIleStaH qoj jIQaltaH.
> porghwIj DIr vISay'moHmeH, bIQ ghay'wI' bIngDaq jIQam.

Say'moHlu'meH HaH'eghlu'chugh QotnISbe'lu'.

One gets pretty "soaked" by standing in the shower. That too is *HaH'egh.*

/The Klingon Way/ and /Klingon for the Galactic Traveler /tell us about
the negative associations Klingons have water.

/KGT /also gives us *puj; bIQ rur*/weak as water./

We have Worf's expression of distaste, "Swimming is too much like bathing."

On Lursa and Be'etor's bird-of-prey, Dr. Soran waved his hand in front
of his face as if they smelled.

Q made bathing jokes aimed at Worf.

Hardly evidence that Klingons don't bathe, but clearly they don't /like/
to bathe.