[tlhIngan Hol] Ha'DIbaHHom

Michael Roney, Jr. nahqun at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 09:54:16 PDT 2016

As usual, context is key.

I would not think "young" unless context made it clear that we were
discussing the ages of animals.
Perhaps hunting season is upon us, and the prey have to be a certain age in
order for us to kill them.
{loDHom} does mean "boy" afterall. Is a boy a small man, a young man, a
lesser man?
What about a midget? Is a midget not a {loDHom}?

I could also see two people camping, one of them is new to camping.
They hear a rustling in the brush, and the camper who knows the area
informs the newcomer that it's a {Ha'DIbaHHom}, and not to worry about it.

~naHQun