[tlhIngan Hol] The contradiction of {bortaS}

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Sun Aug 7 21:47:51 PDT 2016

1) Sometimes Klingon and English idioms match. For example, saying one
needs to wash one's hair as a way to reject a date. Sometimes they
don't. A business having "changed hands" doesn't mean it is under new
management in Klingon. We can't know what nonliteral meanings make
sense in Klingon unless we are given that information.

2) There is a Klingon verb with the meaning that "take revenge" has in English.

-- ghunchu'wI'