[tlhIngan Hol] [Tlhingan-hol] Liquid Nitrogen

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Aug 5 06:31:02 PDT 2016

>From the BOP Poster we have the N1-N2 noun-noun phrase {rugh bIQSIp}
"anti-hydrogen" (lit. "antimatter hydrogen").  How is this grammatically
different from *{betgham bIQSIp}?

For those not up on their Treknology:

(ST Encyclopedia):  Deuterium was also used as one of the reactants in the
matter/antimatter reaction system in those ships' warp drive. The
deuterium was the matter, and anti-hydrogen served as the antimatter. (TNG
"Relics")

FYI, {bIQSIp 'ugh} "deuterium isotope" (lit. "heavy hydrogen") also comes
from the Poster comes from the BOP Poster.

--
Voragh