[tlhIngan Hol] I've had it with the finger verbs !

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 08:30:52 PDT 2016

Rhona Fenwick:
> and given the importance in Klingon society of the House, which is more like a
> clan or small tribe than a family as we would think of it, we shouldn't be surprised
> that there is such a complex array of kinship terms.

This is a strong argument and I accept it. Thank you for taking the
time to explain all this.

The way you explained the subject, definitely provided an explanation
for the whole "mother's sister daughter husband go figure" matter (as
I like to call it). So now, (finally), I understand the cultural
significance for the existence of these words.

Unfortunately, I can't learn them, because my greek mind just isn't
wired to think that way ; it sounds strange, I know..

Seruq
> I am confused about where the confusion lies.

I was confused, because while performing my daily
"shoving-down-my-throat-klingon-vocabulary" routine, I came across
finger verbs which had contradictory definitions, as far as the
numbering is concerned.

nach velwI' qIj