[tlhIngan Hol] As soon as I had tickled the dog

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Aug 22 07:41:22 PDT 2016

On 8/22/2016 10:34 AM, Lieven wrote:
> {ben law' targh vIghaj. ngugh 'oHvaD ghawran vIpong.}
> This sentence is completely correct, without needing any aspect suffix.

Ah, I see, we're disagreeing about whether qunnoq was talking about
having named his dog or what he called his dog. In English it is the
difference between /name/ and /call./ If I /name/ something, that is a
one-time event; if I /call/ something by a name, that is usually an
ongoing occurrence.

Either form would have been sensible in Klingon, but they would have
meant different things.