[tlhIngan Hol] {SorHa'} ? Of course.. But with jay' what ?

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Fri Aug 19 05:08:52 PDT 2016

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 5:15 AM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, we can't use klingon words metaphorically, because
> we always need to take them on their most myopic, strict, and
> narrow-minded meaning.

Who told you we can't use Klingon words metaphorically?

Maybe you have misunderstood the warnings against trying to translate
idiomatic phrases in another language literally. For example, {yopwaH
bIDwIj yISop} isn't likely to carry the meaning intended by the
English phrase it is translated from. But there's no problem using
metaphor in Klingon. You do know what "metaphor" means, right?

-- ghunchu'wI'