[tlhIngan Hol] qep'a' cha'maH wej mu' chu' - New Words

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Aug 18 06:25:57 PDT 2016

Am 18.08.2016 um 14:01 schrieb Rhona Fenwick:

> Not quite. We already knew the word for "dawn" or sunrise - {jajlo'} -
> but {tlhom} "sunset, dusk" was not a word we already had. Presumably
> {tlhom chum} was simply an opportunity to showcase the use of both words
> at once.

Yea, of course you can exchange those words, say for instance
{qaStaHvIS tlhom jIQong} "I sleep during dusk."
or
{yIvbeH chum vIghaj} "I have a colorful shirt."

I asked Maltz for sunset in the context of what humans enjoy, saying
"oh, look at that beautiful sunset". That's probably the reason why it's
{chum} "colorful" and not just the astronomical event.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh