[tlhIngan Hol] qep'a' cha'maH wej mu' chu' - New Words

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Aug 18 00:40:13 PDT 2016

Am 18.08.2016 um 08:38 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> wa': if we are on a planet which has no atmosphere (which I think
> causes the sunrise/sunset to be colorful), then these words have no
> application right ?

Hm, I think I would use it anyway. It's like a blind person saying "nice
to see you" or asking a wheelchair bound person to "go for a walk". It's
used language and must not always be adapted to every situation.

> cha': read this sentence:
> {qaStaHvIS tlhom chum dog vIqotlhtaH}
> while the colorful sunset is happening I am tickling the dog.
>
> would you accept it ? It talks of a visual experience, however it
> suggests a time period as well. so what do you think ?

I do accept it. I'm sure that {tlhom} is some kind of time stamp/period.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh