[tlhIngan Hol] How difficult is Klingon ?

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 00:49:07 PDT 2016

thank you all for replying ; my opinion on this subject is a big "it
depends". let me explain..

if someone:

1. really wants to learn
2. has the discipline to sit down, in order to get the job done
3. has help from experts

then my rating would be:

grammar 40/100
vocabulary 50/100
pronunciation I really can't decide
writting klingon 40/100
real time speaking 70/100

however I believe, that the only way for someone to learn klingon is to
have help from experts.

the ONLY reason I managed to learn in a few months is because I had help
from the experts of this list, who are the best klingonists in the world.
(and I'm not saying this in order to flatter someone ; I'm saying it
because it's the truth).

however, if someone tries to learn on his own, then I truly believe that
the difficulty he will encounter will be tremendous, let alone the fact,
that in the end he will learn everything wrong.

finally, on the question: "how difficult was klingon for YOU", then I will
say 70%. And I will give this relatively high rating because in order to
learn the basics (I still have a lot to learn), I have been working for 10
months so far, approximately 2 hours a day.

but it was without a doubt, totally and definitely
worth it !

qunnoq
Sent from my goat phone