[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: yach

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 9 09:05:09 PDT 2016

Why not?  I imagine one can stroke many things (including the strings of an instrument).  E.g.

  QuptaHvIS targhDaj tlhay' yach 'e' tIv wo'rIv.
  Worf enjoyed petting his tame targ when young.

  QubtaHvIS pIj rolDaj yach 'e' tIv wo'rIv.
  Worf often liked to stroke his beard thoughtfully.

  tagha' nISwI' HIch Senpa' QIt leQ yachtaH wo'rIv.
  Worf slowly stroked the stud before finally firing
   ("thumbing") the disruptor pistol.

--
Voragh