[tlhIngan Hol] The crucible

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 10:18:30 PDT 2016

voragh:
> qunnoq:  to help us English-speakers understand what you’re
> trying to say, what do you think is the difference (if any) between :

> jajvam wa’ wIjIn

I would interpret this as "we wish for this day's one"

> jaj wa’vam wIjIn

this would be "we wish for this one of the day"

> wa jajvam wIjIn

I would read this as "we wish for this day of the one"

>  jajvam wIjIn

and of course "we wish for this day"

ok, yes.. I understand that all the above examples with the exception
of the last are quite senseless.

Now, if you ask me, "how is your own {wa'vam jaj wIjIn} any different
from the above", then I honestly can't provide a explanation. Perhaps
it is a carry-over from what I would say in greek : "we wish for this
one day". And perhaps, I used it because there is a greek word which
means "unique", which can also be used to describe the "singular
state" of an item.

And now that I'm thinking of it, perhaps here is what happened :
Thinking in greek I wanted to write "this one day" ; because in
klingon there is no word for "unique", I used the klingon word {wa'}
which would express the other meaning of the greek "unique".

Now, I see the confusion.. Anyway, from now on I will just say
{jajvam} or even better {jajvam le'}, so we will all be happy !

mop qIj qunnoq