[tlhIngan Hol] [Tlhingan-hol] Liquid Nitrogen

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 06:38:01 PDT 2016

SuStel:
> On the other hand, we also have constructions like baS ‘In, which means metal
> drum, and certainly not metal’s drum. Possession is only one function of the genitive
> noun-noun construction.

yes indeed, and that's the good thing with noun-noun constructions ;
they have many functions.

I don't remember who had told me this, but one of the first things I
learned in klingon was that N1-N2, could be interpreted as "N2 being
described by N1", or more simply "descriptor-thing described".

However, I don't remember reading this in the TKD, or explicitly
stated as a grammar rule.

Well, good thing we didn't consider this as being an illegal use of a
noun-noun construction.. We have already invented a lot of ways of
grammar interpretation, in order to tie our hands and make our lives
difficult.

nach velwI' qIj